Mains Gas

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, new to the site but looks great already found loads of useful stuff....

anyway need help with something, i’m looking to move into a house with no gas mains at all and was woundering how easy it is to get gas installed and a rough ball park amount on costs. I now this means digging the road up etc to get connected and the cost of a new meter etc, so can any shed some light on this please!!!!

cheers

Sponsored Links
most folk on this site (correct me if i'm wrong) dont get involved in that side of the gas meter.
is it bg or transco....one of them. give um a call and get quoted....but i assume they'll have the market cornered.

yeah thought that just woundered if anyone has had to have it done at all and how long how much it cost them etc

MOD

please see item 9

You have not said if your neighbours have gas?

If so and it were a terraced house and fronting directly onto the street it would probably be about £500. More if front garden of course.

Contact British Gas as the other suppliers are not set up to deal with new supplies.

Tony Glazier

Sponsored Links
cheers for that at least i’m not going blind now so to speak

It quite quickly gets to £1500 if they have to scratch their chin... :cry:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back