Mains powered combined CO and smoke detector

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Do they exist? I'm sure I saw one online sometime last year, but I can't find one now. I've seen battery powered combined units, but not mains.

Anyone know of such a thing?

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Or just start with the websites of the likely suspects, Kidde, Aico......?

Hibbo - you should also consider the following:

1) Is the location that's best for a CO detector also the best for a fire one, and vice-versa?

2) Is the type of fire detector in the combined one (heat/photo-electric/ionisation) the best sort for the location where the potentially CO producing item is?

3) If there's a hush facility, does it leave the CO part working?

4) Does the alarm give off two distinct alarm tones so that you can react appropriately for whichever event triggers it?

5) If it has an interlinking capability will either event cause it to trigger the other alarms?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the pointers ban,

If I can find such a unit, I will place it in the hallway of my flat, where it will be with 1.5 metre of the kitchen, both bedrooms and living room doors (it's an L shaped hallway). The only (potential, hopefully!) sources of CO will be the combi boiler and gas cooker, both in the kitchen. I think this position is ideal for a smoke alarm too - central in the flat and close to all habitable rooms.

Most of the battery powered combined detectors have two distinct tones for smoke and CO, so I'd hope that a mains one would be the same.

I'd not considered the hush situation - I'll check that (if I find one). How long is the 'hush' normally active for, until the smoke clears (literally!) or is it timed?

I'm not planning on interlinking, as I think one unit will be enough for my small property.

"Detection Gas: LPG, LNG, CO & Smoke"

Hmmm, now unless my chemistry escapes me, smoke rises.

CO, like CO2 sinks, LPG definatly heavier than air, sinks, guessing LNG is liquified natural gas, not sure on the one, but think it sinks.

so how is a combined detector going to be of use seeing as you can't ever put it in the ideal location for detecting all the gases??

just my 2p

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back