mains smoke alarms

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi i need these to finish off my loft conversion.........saw these on ebay"TOP OF THE RANGE Ei 166 BNIB 230 V AC MAINS POWERED INTERCONNECTABLE ,OPTICAL SMOKE ALARMS " can i connect these to a lighting circuit(i read on here you could aslong as they are battery back up) e.g take a spur feed from light in loft and interconnect each detector from there,i need to put 1 on each landing
cheers
mark

Sponsored Links
Personally, I wouldn't buy something like smoke alarms on ebay. Where did they come from? are they proper and brand new? you never know with ebay, and they're there to save your life.

got the smoke detectors and connected 1 to light fitting to check they work,it works fine so am i ok to install all 3 now?

Sponsored Links
how are you connecting them? how did you test them? smoking candle? thats the only sure way. If these aren't battery backup, you cant install them on a lighting circuit. They need their own circuit.

smoking candle/t light.........they are battery back up m8 yeah. so i can continue now?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back