Mains to a summer house

Building is dangerous full stop you lot just add wires to my complicated structures - but yet you have attitude and think you're Tesla but in reality there are so many rough sparkys its shocking. So by your rational we should not give advice on any building work because its dangerous - how many sparks are killed compared to us that actually build the structures of the UK - exactly.

Yes I can calculate the load. And all I was on about with the earth is the termination from the house to outbuilding as I'd run a TT system at destination.

Last post from me on this subject - out of all the tradesman - its funny how the weakest one ie domestic electrics that can be taught in a fortnight seems to be full of prima donnas and part p omg the council will lock you up for a billion years numpties.

Where is the ethos of this site "DIY can be both challenging and rewarding - this is where DIYnot.com aims to help. Our expert teams have brought together hundreds of information pages. Why not Do It Yourself?" WHY NOT WHY NOT because the sparks will hunt you down and part p you to death if you don't get one of their mates in this is not request a tradesman.com last time I checked its DIY. Thank god the lads I work with are not like you lot - I can see why they are the best and biggest in the country now.

All these posts and not one of you have helped the OP shame, shame on you - you must have been born with your semi-skills - shame.

Ah well, rant over time for a brew :LOL:

Sponsored Links
The benefit of getting a sparky in this case to me is the testing.
You got that right. Although not as straightforward as you seem to think.

Perhaps you should direct your ire at the questioners and point out to them that this is a DIY forum so do not ask about work which is not DIY.

Before you retort that 'it's not rocket science and anyone can do it' I would say that neither are most things but they cannot be done without the tools - which most people do not have.

Just read the latest rant.

Do you advise people to build and not point out that they will need to notify and ask permission?

No need for planning permission, it's easy.

Sponsored Links
All these posts and not one of you have helped the OP shame, shame on you - you must have been born with your semi-skills - shame.
Maybe the original poster doesn't always get the answer they hope to hear. I am sure that those who listened and acted on an answer they didn't want to hear have in the long run had a better result.

Would b1llt would support a DIY surgery forum ? Probably not as death from botched or ignorant DIY surgery would occur during the procedure..... unlike bodged or ignorant DIY electrical work where the injury, death or fire due to the errors in the work may occur weeks or months after the work is completed.

Even the DIYer with the best intentions can un-intentionally make a dangerous installation because they lack vital knowledge or ( more often the case ) experience of how to do the work.

how many sparks are killed compared to us that actually build the structures of the UK
How many people are killed, injured, or suffer property damage from flaky electrics after they have been installed compared to those who are ditto from flaky structures failing?

And all I was on about with the earth is the termination from the house to outbuilding
What about the armour?

as I'd run a TT system at destination.
Why?

Last post from me on this subject
TGFT.

domestic electrics that can be taught in a fortnight
rotfl.gif

WHY NOT WHY NOT because the sparks will hunt you down and part p you to death if you don't get one of their mates in
Is the reason that you are opposed to people being required to make reasonable prevision for safety in their electrical work that you are a builder?

All these posts and not one of you have helped the OP
Not so - he was advised to get an electrician.

It is your own ignorance of what is involved that means that you cannot see that that was the best help he could have been given.

domestic electrics that can be taught in a fortnight
rotfl.gif

Certainly it cannot be taught properly in a fortnight. Sadly it would appear that it is being taught in a fortnight, or even less, to a standard which some scheme organisers seem to think is sufficient to allow its members to be let loose among the unsuspecting public :(

View media item 45891

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back