Mains Wired downlights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We have 12 spotlights in the kitchen, 6 on one switch, 6 on a separate switch. A few weeks ago, the circuit breaker for the kitchen lights started popping off on the consumer box. As this normally happens when a light blows, i assumed this was what was happening, and just popped it back on. This continued for a few days, until i noticed that the lights were not blowing. Finally the circuit breaker popped. I flipped it back on as usual, but this time there was no light. the circuit breaker returned to it's on position, but there was no power to the lights. I have changed all 12 bulbs, and nothing. I have also replaced the fuse on the circuit breaker (RCD). Still nothing. Any thoughts or ideas?

Sponsored Links
Do you have any approved means of testing for continuity and voltage?
If you have replaced the MCB from the original and still no power to lights, the fault lies within the circuit. You state that the kitchen lights are on a separate circuit to the rest of the house, so only kitchen lights are out?
How long ago were the lights installed and who installed them?

I have a voltmeter and have checked the switch and the lights. There is no voltage at either. The circuit is only for the kitchen (it is part of an extension), and were installed before i brought the house.
I changed the mcb from the original on the circuit box. (sorry not the fuse)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back