Mainswitch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What size main switch should be used behind a mains board supplying.32a cooker,32a ring main, 45a shower, 5a lighting, 20a pump obviously they will never all be running at same time.

++++++++
Moderator's note:

Welcome to the forums.
I have deleted your duplicate post

Mod Rupert
++++++++

Sponsored Links
100 amp. any advances?

why do you ask?

And it should be beside it, not behind it. you wouldnt be able to access it.

tecKies Experts :evil: and though not in the same class Proper Sparkys :cool: may tell you different but A 100A main switch will allow you to switch off up to 100A safely :) it doesn't mater if less is going through you will be safe. If you are a domestic customer the main fuse is probably only 60a (don't worry it will handel a lot more load on the odd occasions you need it. ) :confused: so 100 may be OTT but on christmas day When cooker is full bore, Heating is wound up the washing machine is on Getting your best shirt back to white, and you pop the kettle on whilst you go for a shower you will be well covered, :D

Why 20A for the pump by the way :?:

note I;m a Builder not a Sparky

Sponsored Links
RF Lighting said:
Depends on how big the supply you are connecting to it is.
Do domestic single phase supplies exist over 100 amps? I thought not, which is why I suggested a 100 amp switch.

Im not haveing a dig :evil: .
i dont know im a builder ;) But my reply took me about !/" Hr to Type and spel check so didnt see tours.

crafty1289 said:
RF Lighting said:
Depends on how big the supply you are connecting to it is.
Do domestic single phase supplies exist over 100 amps? I thought not, which is why I suggested a 100 amp switch.

OP never stated it is a domestic setup.

Yes most of the time 100A will be fine, but not every single time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back