Major cladding work, where to start?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have lived in my current property for 8 years and have been putting off replacement of timber cladding to both the front and rear facades as I cant see it being an easy job.

The front of my house is not to dissimilar to this:

images.jpg

But the rear has the same vertical timber cladding from top to bottom with the exception of 5 windows and a door. The house is timber framed and the walls are only the thickness of the frame, internal plasterboard and external cladding.

I have been told that building regs mean I must replace the insulation if I am replacing the cladding? I have also been told that I must keep the new cladding the same colour or appearance, otherwise I may need to get planning permission also?

Where do I start? Does anyone know of a company in Basildon who can do the whole job, not just the cladding? Or will I have to get the insulation done by a separate firm? I guess now, would also be a good time to replace the windows as they are very old could do with it to be honest.

Any advice welcomed.

Tony

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back