Major system problems - BG stumped.- SOLVED

Bathroom rads are often connected such that they get hot whenever the heating OR HW comes on. They are in a sort of sense not in common with the rest. This is not incorrect but might be what he meant

Sponsored Links
The bathroom rad is usually allocated as a bypass. If it is not balanced properly the flow will return to easily ( before rads are all hot).

Powerflush was a waste of money. Balancing was the answer. BG are very quick to reccommend flushing.Not bad at £440 a go.

corgi del said:
Balancing was the answer. BG are very quick to reccommend flushing.
And simpletons are very quick to recommend balancing.

Sponsored Links
Customer said:-

"""Credit to BG. This cost me £440 and endless cups of tea for the engineer. If I had paid a plumber for 3 days work it would have cost in the region of £1200 to £1500. I also have a new pump and new gate valves all free of charge."""

After paying BG £440 to do a power flush, the solution was eventually found to be just balancing which several of the people on this forum would have found within an hour or two! Some customers are easily satisfied !

As to paying a plumber £1500 for three days work, I dont know where he gets those figures. The average daily charge is about £200 but the real point is that only someone very incompetent would take three days to solve the problem and he would not deserve paying anyway.

Two hours at £60 p.h. to balance would have been the norm.

If we had been specifically asked to power flush we would have charged £350 and that would have included balancing!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back