Make garage wider

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi any builders can advice I’m looking into buying a house but the garage is too narrow and before I start offering can anyone help with if they think it’s possible to widen this garage ? Also any ideas what it may cost plz plus we may pull the kitchen out wards at the front to the left .. I want the garage to cover the front door and I would use that door to enter the garage from the house then put new front door where window is ..
ED32D4EE-6742-4ADB-AE69-832B0A2E19E9.jpeg
672F199E-C706-4291-8B5A-A960B9E91768.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Planning aside, does the roof geometry actually allow what you propose to work? When extended, will the slope of the roof end up in line with the eaves above the front door or will you end up with some really awkward detail where they meet?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
As you can see from sky view the left is the one I’m looking at buying and the right is neighbours and just been built
D0510A2B-7AEC-42E7-B567-D60A96DCA890.jpeg

It’s not permitted development, so you need planning permission.

if you are asking is it physically possible to do - yes although the roof line might hit the left hand window.

I doubt if there is any cost saving in saving the left hand wall of the garage, it might be best to demo the lot and start afresh.

Knocking down might be best yes the left wall that butts to next door can be concreate blocks as it not a viewed wall anymore since the garage next door has been built

Oof that's already an ugly junction, you could raise the whole ridge line to keep each roof pitch a mirror.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back