Make my bells swing again!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have a set of outdoor lights. They are 2 bells made up of rope lighting. The flasher unit has packed up so that one bell stays on. i've cut the flasher unit out of the wiring to try and repair.

I'm left with the usual 2 wires (brown blue) coming from plug. The wire to the 2 bells has 3 cores brown black and blue.

If the brown and blue from mains are connected to brown black coming from bells one bell lights up. Connecting brown blue from wall to black blue of the 3 wires coming from bells, lights the other bell. The idea is that one bell lights up goes off and the other bell lights and goes off in repetition so that a left right flashing pattern is achieved.

What sort of unit do I need to get the bells flashing again please? What would it be called if I wanted to google and find one?.... Or better still could someone send me a link.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back