Make sure you always read the description.......

Sponsored Links
Can you explain? I can't get that to work, nor by typing in the item number.

Anyone selling just a box or a photo of an XBox is clearly a cheat and should be barred form eBay for ruining the service for everyone else.

Yes the bidder should have read everything etc. but the seller has no valid reason to be selling what they are for anything over a few quid and not checking with the bidder that they are sane.

Any jobs going on Watchdog ? :LOL:

Hmmmm.... I can't get it to work now either. Maybe the bad publicity has caused eBay to disappear the item, but basically, someone was offering an XBox 360 package and included a lengthy description of the Xbox 360 and then near the end threw in 'please note, you are not bidding for an XBox 360, but a picture of one'

After a number of bids, it eventually went for £470. The buyer left some negative feedback

Sponsored Links
There was something similar a couple of years ago where the item appeared to be one of the latest mobile phones being sold at a rock bottom price. It transpired that what was actually being sold was a hyperlink to a site which sold the phone - at full retail price.

bathroomswap said:
Anyone selling just a box or a photo of an XBox is clearly a cheat and should be barred form eBay for ruining the service for everyone else.

I would love to buy a photo of an XBox, but I just can't find anyone selling them :cry:

The buyer would have got their money back, this is exactly the kind of quasi fradulent c**p that eBay hates. The seller in question would certainly have received a lifetime eBay ban (whatever that is worth) and possibly a visit from the old bill.

Eddie M said:
The buyer would have got their money back, this is exactly the kind of quasi fradulent c**p that eBay hates. The seller in question would certainly have received a lifetime eBay ban (whatever that is worth) and possibly a visit from the old bill.
I don't know what they do when you instigate their complaints/grievence procedures but by hell it works! within 24 hrs of starting the proceedings i got the item i'd been waiting 3 weeks for plus an apology from the seller although he did try to blame things on his wife and the fact he was out of the country at the time.

Sponsored Links
Back