Making a Dell 2400MP Projector wireless

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
is this possible? I currently have the Dell (plugged in for power) connected to my laptop via a VGA cable and connected to my stereo via the 3.5 jack and the red/white audio cables. It is very messy and i was wondering whether i can get a wireless dongle to plug into the Dell and a wireless speaker and make everything connect to my wireless network/router?

Sponsored Links
It's possible but for the money involved you would be better just buying a new projector with wifi built in.

Sponsored Links
I doubt you can get the full range of functionality that you have with the direct wired connection through your router, or not without encountering some additional issues.

Screen mirroring (Miracast) bypasses the need to IP-ize the display and sound from your laptop which is a major headache (and cost) avoided. What it will introduce though is a time lag. This means that if you're using Miracast for picture but picking up the sound connection direct from your laptop to your stereo then there'll be an even more noticeable problem with lip sync.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back