Making a square doorway into an arch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've removed an internal door and door frame between my kitchen and living room, and want to make the boring rectangular top into a tasteful arch. I know you can buy pre-formed wire mess forms to give the shape but wondered if anyone had any better ideas?

Sponsored Links
How-to-bend-drywall-0315.jpg

Gosh...you posted a question on how to do a plaster arch....then 42 mins later you post a pic of having done it.

Quick worker or what (y)

Sponsored Links
I'm not that quick! I posted that image by way of a suggestion of the sort of thing I want to achieve. (From what I've seem on line, to bend plasterboard, you soak it with water for a few minutes on the outside surface then cut loads of tears/cuts in the other side to allow the plasterboard to break in predefined spots)

You can do the same with a bit of MDF. Pop it on a sliding mitre saw with a depth stop, make lots of part cuts = bendy MDF.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back