Making a tiled bath panel.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
To finish my bathroom, my last job is to make a tiled bath panel.

The bath is 1700mm but due to the shape of the room the main panel will only be approx 1500mm long with a sloped end.

Two simple questions...

1. what is the best material and thickness to make the panel out of?

2. At the size I'm talking about would 4 screws (in the corners - or as close to given the sloped end) be enough or would I need a line of screws down the middle too? I take it is best to fit the panel in place first - then tile?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Remember you might need access to the pipes under the bath at some point in the future. When I did mine I split the panel into two for that reason. I fitted the 'two thirds' section and tiled it in place, then tiled the 'one third' section and fitted it with four screws, and used silicon as grout around the 'removable' section (but used normal grout everywhere else).

One extra question too.

I have a few bits to run some sealant round, including the window where the tiles meet the frame. I bought Dow Corning sealant for the bath - is it OK to use this everywhere else too?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back