Making good after new bath/shower fitted

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If you don't want to replace all of tiles in your bathroom and cannot find the exact same tiles, then what is the best option to make good if you swap put a bath for a shower cubicle? There will be patches where there are no tiles when the bath is removed.

Sponsored Links
Are these "patches" inside the new shower cubicle & exposed to water?

I'm guessing they will be - the patches of wall that were covered by the bath. They'll need to be tiled up.

have you looked under the bath, in the shed, up in the loft for any off the left over tiles??...

Sponsored Links
I'm guessing they will be - the patches of wall that were covered by the bath. They'll need to be tiled up.
If it’s inside the enclosure then certainly so or the existing tiles & plaster won’t last long. If it’s the two ½ tiled walls where the bath was, one possibility is to fit a border tile under where the bath tiles finish (perhaps remove another row or two if it’s too low) & then tile down to the tray with contrasting tiles, if the existing tiles are in good condition, you pick the right border & complementary tiles, it could look quiet good.

I am a little confused, are you replacing a bath with a shower tray? If so, I did this at my grandparents home for them. I removed the bath and installed aquapanel from the floor up, just past where the tiles ended at the old bath height. I fixed the boards with screws and packers to plumb and straighten the wall up and square up the corner where I was putting the quadrant shower tray and good amounts of pinkgrip. I also boxed in where the hot and cold feed were for the bath tap (I envisage in the future that a bath will be reinstated once their time has passed). So with the aquapanel on and the tray in I tiled the aquapanel with a similar but different tile to what was already there and capped off the top with some PVC make up strip, I got this from wickes and it's about 1" wide and has a chamfer on one endge and a pencil round on the other, i used the chamfered edge against the original wall to determine an angle so water would run off away from the wall and fixed this with forever white silicone.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back