Makita charger fault (dead)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my makita charger is completely dead (no lights)

Plug and internal fuses good, 240v at the charger entry point.

Any hints on what could be he fault?

Sponsored Links
They have internal fuses, so could be one of them that has blown. Then there is that they have blown for a reason, so could be an internal electronic component that is faulty.

Yeah I've checked all fuses and they are fine and there's no sign of popped caps on the capacitors. It's odd as there appears to be no mention of faulty chargers on the net and this isn't a particularly well used one either.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
Thanks, I have read that already, it's more of a sales pitch and doesn't really include any useful diagnostics or practical advice other than taking to someone who knows what they're doing!

Recently repaired one of mine. Painstakingly long winded but basically sit there with a multimeter and trace through the circuit until you find the issue. With mine a metal oxide varistor had gone bad.

Could be any problem so without finding it, you're ****ing in the wind so to speak.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back