Makita circular saw battary trouble

Sponsored Links
I would say in repsect of 18v circ saws and angle grinders, not designed to work but designed to sell. they are not in my view fit for purpose. But for a lighter duty they are worth having.

I would say in repsect of 18v circ saws and angle grinders, not designed to work but designed to sell. they are not in my view fit for purpose. But for a lighter duty they are worth having.

dewalt for one call there 18v angle grinder a "cut off tool" i have the 18v with ultra thin blade its a fantastic tool i have cut 1x2" steel bar raked out for re-pointing

cutting angle iron
shortening bolts etc etc

saws are deffinatley best suited to high ah new batteries
my plunge saw is the best thing since sliced bread 90% off the time is 6to 18mm pine mdf or ply the rest is thicker timber/worktops 45 max

yes a battery needs changing every few metres on worktop but 3 batteries should cover a kitchen as the batteries still have enough power for drills and jigsaws when they run down on the plunge saw

Sponsored Links
See my post of 27th Aug(price of spare batteries) I had a similar problem and managed to source replacements at a reasonable cost. All NiCad or Nihm batteries do better with regular use, i don't mean murder them, but a monthly discharge and re-charge certainly do help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back