manhole cover reducing level ,reducing the size of the hole

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

First of all, thank you for all your useful input for my previous post.

I am reducing the manhole level as turf is being laid down. only The top set of bricks have to be removed(photo attached) and the manhole will sit on second layer of bricks.

The manhole i'm purchasing is

http://www.wickes.co.uk/5-Ton-Steel-Manhole-Cover-450x600mm/p/240730

My question is : How can I slightly add to the bricks width so the manhole can sit on them safety as the hole is bigger than the new manhole once I remove the concrete slab LEFT HAND SIDE OF THE manhole(marked).

If I could have the name of materials i need(link of screwfix would be really appreciated) and a short explanation of how it can be done please.

I have sand, cement, plasticizer and most of the tools

Thank you very much

View media item 76493 View media item 76496 View media item 76495

Sponsored Links
You will have to clear away the chattels to show pics of the brick and concrete surround clearly - with present cover on and cover fully off.

Is the cover frame present?

Without the top course of bricks what are the opening measurements?

If you have to demolish the "concrete slab" why not replace it with a few bricks?

I suspect that your present cover will be adequate one course down - why not clear the top course of bricks and concrete and see how it fits?

Dont go buying something that you might not need or be the wrong size.

Ok. I will present more photos and measurement tomorrow. Thank you for your input

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back