Manhole cover

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear All,

We have had a concealed manhole over which has four screws which require removing before the cover can be lifted.

I have attached a photo of the cover. I'd be apprecaitive if anyone can advise on the brand of cover or type of key I would need to remove it.
DSC_2449.JPG

Cheers

Paul

Sponsored Links
Thanks, It needs a flat head screwdriver to remove the screw. I am trying to find out which key I then use to remove the manhole cover

Am I missing something? Looks like you grab any of those corner bars that I assume are to keep it square and lift? The look fairly flush so get the mole grips out.

Sponsored Links
Yes, That is the cover before bitumen has been applied. when bitumen is applied all that remanins is the four screws. these are removable but I am trying to work out what key is then used to lift the cover

You use handle things with hooks on the end. Bit like trampoline spring ones.

Excellent lamchamps, if I have you right its called a J key

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back