How do I remove and replace this manhole cover?

Cannot the whole frame now be lifted out? If so you could recast the concrete to make a new cover and replace. ?

Sponsored Links
Cannot the whole frame now be lifted out?
If so you could recast the concrete to make a new cover and replace. ?
It’s not come out easily, and I presumed it’s anchored in somehow to prevent the hole thing lifting up when the cover is removed?

I'm guessing it was an air tight unit, so it was always going to be tough to remove. Now the gap between the lid and the frame will be filled with dust/crud, so it's going to be even more difficult to lift.

If you can lift/leaver the lid out, then as suggested, you could re cast the concrete. Might be easier than trying to remove/replace the whole frame if it's an odd size.

It’s not come out easily, and I presumed it’s anchored in somehow to prevent the hole thing lifting up when the cover is removed?
When I say the whole frame I mean the bit with the conc cast in, I assume the cover has a peripheral frame that is cast into the surrounding floor

Sponsored Links
When I say the whole frame I mean the bit with the conc cast in, I assume the cover has a peripheral frame that is cast into the surrounding floor
Ah sorry - yes, you and @kingandy2nd are right in saying that.
I could re-cast the existing but then it would sit 9mm lower than the vinyl tile :?:

Cast the concrete 9mm thicker?
Hah, I’m probably explaining this poorly, but what I mean is that I guess I need the frame of the manhole to be tiled up to and within as opposed to just over the top, otherwise I’ll end up laying the LVT straight back over the top of it.
Similar to this:

B5CDC6CC-F652-4D5C-9017-F16CB94971D0.jpeg

Is the drain blocked now! o_O
Hah, I was worried I’d smash the clay pipes when demolishing it, but all was good.

As for trying to get a builder in to change this to one with a flat lid though… Christ, no one calls back :cry:

I did wonder if the OP would have been better off putting some Mr Muscle down the sink u bend first!
I think I tried everything under the sun that was on the shelf, both liquid and mechanical. If anyone needs a 7m pipe snake….

I did wonder it the OP would of been better calling a professional in.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Andy

For the drain or the manhole @HERTS P&D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back