Manhole to sewer conection broken

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have an ongoing problem with my drains blocking.I had a cctv guy try to see what has happened but he was unable to get it down the s bend or rodding eye.I think where the rodding eye connects to the drain has broken and is partially blocking both pipes.I am planning on digging down beside the manhole but only have about 4 feet gap before the pavement.Could someone draw me a diagram of what I am likley to see,I assume a trap as it comes out of my manhole with a y branch sewer side coming back towards the manhole, my only concern is over what distance does this happen given the restrictions.I would like to have the replacement bits at hand so if someone could tell me the right names for them,I am hoping to reuse the rodding eye connection into the manhole so the would the rubber repair connectors be ok?
Thank

Sponsored Links
I was called to a job just like yours today. The customer had a blocked rodding eye. They had a drainage company come out and they said it was broken and needed digging out as their camera couldn't go down the rodding eye.

After 30 minutes of jetting, I got my jetter head down the rodding eye. It was completely blocked with fat and sanitary towels. The man hole was now running clear, I jetted the complete system approx. 20 metres towards the house-under the garage and into the rear man hole in the rear garden.

The home owner was over the moon, he was given a price of £2850 to dig down and replace the rodding eye/interceptor.
My bill was a lot less.

Andy

Thanks for the reply "herts",they did try for over half an hour with the jetter but to no avail.I have just been out and cleared it again but the rodding eye pipe does sound rock hard like a half brick or something.
I think I may have answered my previous question about the design of the outlet having just had a closer look,it appears to be a complete unit with drain gulley bellow the rodding eye and only a few inches apart,is this right? are they a single unit bedded into the bottom side of the chamber?
thanks.

Go to draindomain dot com, there are various pictures and guides to show you what you need to know. The section you need is drainage interceptor traps.

Andy

Sponsored Links
Hi Andy
That web site is great,very good pics and info,

thanks for you help

Chris

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back