manual for stud detector needed...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help me, I need the manual for a 3-in-1 stud detector purchased from B&Q, the model is SS-1977.

many thanks,

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I've forgotten how to use it!

Also, when do you need to adjust the unit with the small screwdriver in the battery compartment?

Select position on switch(I think 1 for stud, 2 for wiring/copper piping, but could be vice versa. Should be a picture on tool to clarify). Place on area of wall known to be clear of studs/metal and turn wheel type switch until alarm sounds. Now back it off just until sound stops. Run tool across wall to detect stuff. In theory anyway, like I said a well hit and miss piece of equipment.

Like This :rolleyes:

p1122681_x.jpg

Don't use it with the customer watching you, you look a right t*t when you push it 6' across a wall and it tells you there are no studs when you both know they are there!

It has more use in your toolbox, Than in your bin

I have got one of these :p And found it very useful to find steel conduit in concrete floors & ceilings etc, If used correctly they can be an asset :D
Unless you have got x-ray vision like some of us on here :evil:

It has stopped me drilling through a live wire that was buried on the other side of a wall I was drilling into so it can't be all that bad!

I did check visually before but there was nothing to see.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back