manual mixer shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have recently moved into a flat which has a bath but no shower.

I have been recommended to buy a manual mixer shower - but i cant find exactly what im after - i thought it was one where you attach the taps to the wall, but apparently it replaces the existing taps. can anyone paste a picture or a link to an example and advise of the best place to purchase one.

thanks

Sponsored Links
hi, not sure - possibly ease of install?
whats the difference?
ive got a decent vailant boiler, so was suggested manual mixer.

thanks

thermostatic willbe better and no difference in fitting.
manuals are alot cheaper.

thermostatic will regulate the temp better in the shower if someone else uses another tap. you won't get burnt alive.

Sponsored Links
thanks. im the only one in the house - so that wont be a problem.
are they better in any other way?

i assume installation is harder for thermostatic?

a mixer valve has a hot/cold in shower hose out if its a manual or thermostatic.
same time to fit
thermostatic just has a cartridge inside.

what model is your vaillant ?

Thermostatic everytime, even though you live by your self even the washing machine or diswasher calling for water will affect the shower.

Also if you have a combi or stored hot water in a cylinder the temp can fluctuate which the thermostatic valve compensates for delivering a constant set temp.

As previously stated installation is exactly the same connect hot and cold feed sorted.

Pete

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back