Shower mixer for low pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking for a shower mixer that's good with 0.1 bar pressure. The bathroom originally had a bath tap mixer that gave acceptable flow. I am looking for something simple, ideally a manual mixer that accepts 22mm feed. Basically, I am trying to replicate the bath tap mixer, without using a bath tap mixer. Anyone knows of such a thing?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
'Fraid to say the only ones I have ever found that are really any good with gravity feeds are the bath deck mixers, that it sounds like the one you have. They have large waterways and wide shower hoses that maximises flow.

All the others (exposed/concealed/bar mixers) are quite restrictive with narrow waterways and only work properly under mains, no matter what they say their min pressure rating is.

What is the possibility of mounting a deck mixer on plasterboard and tile wall?

This regular mixer claims to have high flow. Just bull ox?

That's not a deck mixer, that's an exposed thermo shower, same issues as far as narrower waterways and a thermostatic cartridge are concerned being restrictive to flow.

Anything that isn't compression type/screw down valves with full flow pipework will be restrictive in a gravity fed setup. It's just the nature of things unfortunately. The only other option would be to install a bespoke wall mounted setup where there were the 2 hot and cold taps/valves with a diverter to port the flow to either a bath filler spout or up to a shower. Even then though you need to ensure the diverter and shower head isn't restrictive to flow @ low pressure either.

Very little choice when it comes to gravity supplies unless it pumped or the cold water cistern height is increased significantly above the shower head.

Sponsored Links
This regular mixer claims to have high flow.
It claims to work but common sense would say the water has some work to do navigating the restrictions.

1691834834628.png

restrictions.

Ok, I can see it's a dead end - I had some inklings of it but wasn't sure. The simplest solution is to go back to the original set up of a bath and tap shower mixer combo. It worked originally, and should work again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back