Mapp Or Propane?

3507671736_e7b0aea7a1.jpg

only got rid of mine 6 month ago and it was still working :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Nothing wrong with a good old petrol blowlamp :cool:

Just don't tilt it too much when in use :eek:

Sponsored Links
The one I used to have had a trough around the top into which you poured meths, which was then burnt.

The heat from this vapourised the paraffin, and it was this that burned and the heat perpetuated the vapourisation.

I take it that the one shown isn't of this ilk, cos it looks identical to the one I had :confused:

My Father used to have a blow lamp like that!

But he used it to burn off old paint!

In those days all plumbing was made of screwed steel and not really a DIY job.

But he did build two 405 line single channel TVs from kits ! ( I dont need to say B & W do I ? )

Tony

But he did build two 405 line single channel TVs from kits ! ( I dont need to say B & W do I ?)

I think you just have.

My father used to repair TV's and liked to collect broken ones for spares. Used to love popping old valves - still remember the smell.

I use both with a 'U' Guage tube to blast out blocked cold feeds via the header tank.

Paul

My Father used to have a blow lamp like that! But he used it to burn off old paint!

Of course that blow lamp would not be much use to you T when you worked as a make-up artist at the BBC, eh Telly Tony!!

I was in the BBC Engineering Department !

A friend's wife is a TV makeup artist and she is coming over tomorrow for the 16 y.o. birthday to show her how to use her mother's makeup to the best advantage!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back