Margaret Thatcher's legacy

and that was your best shot

jeezus h throw the towel in

i will now sit back and let the rest of the people on this forum that know me educate you

cos you are obviously an ass

check the profile and chech the pics :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

me i dont give a flying what you think

no skin offa me

Sponsored Links
Pretty much like your incisive and illuminating political comment on the thread then ?

oh do let me explain then
i am a black iron strangler
i am not and never have been a miner (however i do have a pit head tattoed on my back)
i was involved in the miners strike (try a search on orgrave ) i was there
i did **** off to the states to take up with a gall i met on here
so you can shove your opinions right up yours sonny

ive been there done it and had the freakin tee shirt

NEXT :rolleyes:

Why did you have the tattoo if you weren't a miner?

Sponsored Links
The debt mountain is getting ever bigger. We are heading the same way as Greece, Ireland and Spain. It's not something we can fix. It's like Joe Public that gets in too deep with his credit card, you reach a point where the debt gets bigger than you can repay and then you default. The UK will default one day.
And just what will happen?we had the IMF come riding over the mountain back in 1976, we are still here.It could be argued that following this it lead to Thatchers government which some would have us believe was the greatest thing since sliced bread or others the worst thing to happen in this country.

Hartlepool wasn't it? I did a short contract up Redcar way in 1972 - the most industrial landscape I've ever seen. Blast furnaces everywhere. Wonder what it's like today?

redcar was the only one left joe

the rest have gone

and i think redcar is mothballed but there is a deal on the table

aye artlepool monkeyanger me ;)

345,000 Number of empty homes in Ireland in 2009

Yes the ghost towns of Ireland. I drove through one recently we did some work in about 4 years ago.
About 50 superb energy efficient new build homes with about 3 sold in that time.

The building trade is bust. Its not uncommon to see building site managers formerly on 1200 euro per week trawling small sites for labouring work.

Feckless Lending - Typical feckless Irish . Now who was it over here who let the banks go and let the barrow boys loose in the Stock Exchange :LOL: While fighting a " war" waving the flag and buying off the "working class". But in the scheme of things , a few die - hard political views on an obscure internet forum don`t amount to a hill of beans let alone a mointain of them . A week is a long time in politics ,20 years is an aeon. Must go - Jeremy Kyle has started .

Unsure if this has been done before but cannot see recent threads.

In my opinon - 58 years old - MT prevented Britain from sliding down to the levels of the Congo and similar with her firm actions and laid the foundations for an economical revival.

i have to say that that at times I doubted her methods and means, such as sacking the miners, but when I thought about the cost of employing the miners versus the cost of not employing them I was (reluctantly) convinced and this was added to by by the E German collapse years later ( not directly relevant )

I really cannot understand how there are people who say that "Thatcher destroyed the UK/working classes etc " whatever.
If she had not been in power, tthen GB would now be a fifth-rate nation and the lowest on the ladder would be picking tins out of the rubbish on the streets which is not currently the case.

Discuss

you forgot to mention that a few years down the line...

Building firms (aswell as others)are gone (you know the type that employ apprentices).
That a few more years into the future from 2010 you will not be employed directly through an employer (as such) but instead be classed as a part timer with no rights! where you will fill the pockets of agencies (people with the same mindset of thatcher and conmen).
Skills will be lost, Skills have already been lost.

Say bye bye to the UK manufacturing sector (stirdy economic structure) and say hello to the financial sector(risky business there) that the UK Will become in 50-100 years time when Europe and its leaders really get the ball rolling.
You might have the odd working class bloke twiddeling his thumbs somewhere, otherwise who will cut the money obsessed bloodsucking parasites grass and build there homes etc.

'Apperentley' these conservatives seem to have the idea that if you are not willing to undercut/backstab/betray/sell off even your closest friend then you are nothing but abit of shight on the side of the road.

Thatcher destroyed the UK by entering us in europe, we would of done fine without the 'greater' union and stuck at it as we did do in the past.
Strikes the merrier, we would have came up with a solution to benefit all but as the conservatives do, MONEY NOW!

Do you recall how the conmen actually quietened the unions, by saying that they can now buy there council houses at a discount price...(few months down the line) right lads if you do not work for even less! then you will be loosing your homes.

classic conservative(s) mind set.

I thought Maggie fought the EU over our contributions :confused: Anyway, you`re dead right about the state owned housing sell - off. And the Utilities sell off wasn`t so much about better private customer service/ cheaper competitive pricing - as acres of prime " brownfield" ex Gas Board property etc. :idea: Those bloody gas monkeys even had their own social clubs in the depot - Well at least one in Hove did :rolleyes: where I went to do a disenfect on the water system - . Also close all the Asylums and again there is maybe room for 400 houses in the private sector on the state owned land of each Victorian Values institution, replace with " Care in the community" :rolleyes: . Apply for your own job or loose it - competitive tendering within the remaining direct employed council workers . The banking crisis now is a direct result of the free for all that started back in the 80`s . Hedge Fund - isn`t that like running a bookies :confused: Nelson`s column ? the best epitaph to Her when she goes would be a replica of the London Gherkin with her "sat" on top of it ;)

Sponsored Links
Back