Margaret Thatcher's legacy

Building firms (aswell as others)are gone (you know the type that employ apprentices

Relevance to MT or her legislation ?

That a few more years into the future from 2010 you will not be employed directly through an employer (as such) but instead be classed as a part timer with no rights! where you will fill the pockets of agencies (people with the same mindset of thatcher and conmen

What has she got to do with this ? Please quote some legislation she passed if you see a link.

Say bye bye to the UK manufacturing sector (stirdy economic structure

This decline was due to a terrible mixture of government interference ( mainly Labour - H Wilson ) setting up appalling organisations like the Britislh Leyland Motor Corp which produced junk cars becaused there was a re-organisation every two years and appalling labour relations/strikes.

Other areas like the British motor-cycle industry suffered from very poor management that laughed at the Jap challenge , modern manufacturing and quality-control methods until they were dead on their feet.

Shipbuilding - very similar to car-industry.

Machine-tool industry : Unsure, poor management and was out-classed by better German/Japanese products.

You produce no facts, just generalisations to support your feelings.

What do you mean "Thatcher entering us into Europe". The UK has been in EEC/EU since 1973.

Sponsored Links
It's also each successive governments desire to head the country into being a services industry, and not bothering to invest heavily into the manufacturing side, as it seemed we could purchase goods from abroad far cheaper than we could make ourselves, and although once among the worlds finest in creating fine pieces, including vehicles, furniture, clothing, etc., other countries soon caught up in quality terms, and for much less.

What do we do then? We don't manufacture and the City has self destructed. We can't keep borrowing but we can't even pay back the interest never mind stop borrowing. It's that idiot Scot to blame.

So what is it, in your mind, that created the UK to be one of the world's leading manufacturing nation, exporting its goods to all four corners of the globe up until 30-40 years ago? And who (ie government) destroyed it?

Please don't feed me crap and bull about how labour destroyed anything (previous to new labour ofcourse).

Cons have been and always will be con f**king men, they have sold our industries in order for themseleves to make a quick buck and safeguard themselves for the future. (much like the scottish nobles a few centeries back who sold out there own people for land, never changes).

I will give you a real life situation on how these con men work.

Was due to start MAJOR work a few weeks back, but with all the cuts, this muilti milliond pound contract has now fell through.
(i will not devuldge where/when/who).
Anyway, this work would of kept 40+ men in constant work, they pay taxes on everything they do in life and thus bring the greedy gits some revenue in.
Not now as we have not got the cash...say the government.
Another building firm (one of the best) has now gone down the shi**er.

Now the thing that not one of us have yet to come to understand is why?
Why the cut on such a project (BY THE WAY THE BUILDING IN QUESTION, EVEN WHEN/IF WERE BEING WORKED ON, WOULD BRING IN THE SAME AMOUNT IN REVENUE A YEAR THEN THAT WAS BEING SPENT ON IT FOR THOSE 18 MONTHS!!!).

One conclusion and there is only one, somewhere up there on the farm with all those pigs is one pig who would either have lost out on some wealth or might not of made as much wealth.

I do not and never will agree with conservatives as all of them and quite alot of there voters, seem to think they are superior to the working man!
Enter labour and the Unions (unions are a bloody fantastic idea as they keep the piggy on three legs instead of all four).

Have you seen the latest compagin of the tories
"WE WILL HIT HARD ON BENEFIT SCROUNGERS FOR THE FALSE CLAIM OF UPTO 1,000,000,000.
Yet they fail to mention in any of there speeches how the loss of 120,000,000,000 through the richest of our country evading there DUE tax to this country.

^^^Down to the tories that one, that Margaret Thatcher and cronies i think who thought it best for the industries we had left to be sold on the FREE MARKET. I would suspect that the actuall figure of the amount being evaded would be like the immigrants...a far lot higher.

Tories are worse then scum, atleast you can quickly identify the working class type scum.

Sponsored Links
Chippy

You are just raving. Spewing out your prejudices. Try introducing some facts otherwise there is no point.

You might want to start by answering the question I put to you in my last post.

That apart, look at the prelude to MT's election.

Unions were striking for 15-20% pay-increases, rubbish-mountains in the streets for 6-8 weeks, many other unions on strike the most notorious of which was grave-diggers.

A few years prior to that we had had the three-day week: imagine that. Working only three days a week because of energy shortages, TV shutting down at 10 pm, no neon advertising-signs . That was the NUM taking on and beating that fool Heath.

The country was going to hell in a hand-basket because of union megalomania: they thought they should run the country because they had beaten Heath and weren't going to accept a Labour PM, Callahan, telling them what to do..

Let's not forget that even then , union members would have been a significant minority of the total working population and so they were blackmailing all the other workers for these hugely-inflationary rises.

From the mid-80's on through to 1997, living standards rose significantly . Do mot forget that in the first Labour term, they agreed to use the Tory spending commitments ( to defuse the long-standing voter-mistrust of Labour financial incompetence ) so up until 2002 the finances were all Conservative. It was only in the second-term when TCGB started believing he knew what he was doing that it started going pear-shaped.

In general living standards have continued to rise but we are being dragged down by being forced to support people who have never worked, maybe over three generations, couples with 10 children, paying child-benefit to families in Poland ( madness)and, yes , tax-dodgers.

I'm very happy for tax-dodgers to be fined/locked-up.

Would you care to tell all of us reading this thread where you got this magic figure of 120 billion from and who these tax-evaders are ?

But do answer the other questions first, eh ?

WestmidsChippy

you are talking absolute pants....

what you mean is that you and your cronies have been having it off working 3 hours a day and booking 12 now that you have been found out... you are crying wolf.... get a grip man and join the real world....

There was no way this country could have sustained what unions were trying to achieve, i.e. vastly inflated pay rises, which obviously would have included them too, shorter working hours, which would have meant employing twice as many people to do that job, and survive as a viable prospect while other countries were producing far greater volumes for far less. As a nation, we were not willing to change our pay structure to compete, and ultimately paid the price. Greed is good, but will only last for so long before the trough runs dry. We are ALL guilty of this decadence I'm afraid.

It was Ted Heath who took us into Europe BTW

It was Blair/Brown who sold us to it!

The Human Rights Bill (Blair) profited noone except his frog mouthed wife.

Brown did to the construction industry what Thatcher did to the miners. In his plan, he flooded the construction industry with cheap Eastern European labour to control the housing boom.

No matter who you vote for it is just a figure head on the same sinking ship.

Anyone who thinks the government governs is either an optimist or a fool. The government in power all act on advice from the faceless suits in the Civil Service. Their ambitions and alleigance is never subject to scrutiny.

So next time you get airiated because an MP is caught with his pants down, or has claimed for a duck house; ask yourself - ON WHOSE ADVICE

We are ALL guilty of this decadence

No certainly not all of us. Some of us live within our means without debt and have had the wisdom to save and put by for a rainy day.
I'm looking forward to the Tory cuts.
Bring it on Tory boys...

And this is just for kevplumb btw. :LOL: ;)
kevplumb3.gif

No certainly not all of us. Some of us live within our means without debt and have had the wisdom to save and put by for a rainy day.
Bring it on Tory boys...

Norcon I admire your foresight and prudence, just wish the rest of us could have been as structured as you, because we haven't :(

Bring it on Tory boys...

Norcon I admire your foresight and prudence, just wish the rest of us could have been as structured as you, because we haven't :(
I have and I never bought a share in my life . Or bought an ex council house . I stand by my politics . :LOL: :LOL: I`m with Norcon - apart from his Tatt ;)

Sponsored Links
Back