Marks on fresh painted wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
17A7A58C-F96A-4DD6-859A-F67701713D83.jpeg
can anyone help with these marks that have appeared? I’ve given this wall three coats and the marks started to show after the second coat. The wall is dry but these marks are showing up.

Sponsored Links
I can't see very well, but could there have been an element of grease on the wall before you started?

It might be worth applying a coat of something to seal the surface and stop bleeding through.

Yes but it’s the downstairs bathroom so i wouldn’t expect any shower condensation etc.

Sponsored Links
I can't see very well, but could there have been an element of grease on the wall before you started?

It might be worth applying a coat of something to seal the surface and stop bleeding through.
The walls were sugar soaped and rinsed down before painting. The other walls had the same prep and they seem to be fine.

I've used Zinsser Gardz primer for problem areas before, tis the work of the devil! But the thread would yield more results if posted in the Decorating section, I've asked the mods to move it but they're away attending a woke seminar.

I've used Zinsser Gardz primer for problem areas before, tis the work of the devil! But the thread would yield more results if posted in the Decorating section, I've asked the mods to move it but they're away attending a woke seminar.
Thank you, I will look in to this if another coat doesn’t cover it. I also have some stabiliser to try

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back