Marley Modern Tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Was working near Wigan today, fitting a boiler with a verticle flue that passes through a new garage roof.

The tiles are Marley Modern and they seem to be very fragile, is any one else experiencing this.

Tim

Sponsored Links
moderns are fragile as they are without profile i.e. completely flat!

snap like biscuits.

try stepping on tiles fresh from the factory. impossible. :rolleyes:

if the channels are free from debris and you only stand on the bottoms away from the channels they are fine

Thanks for the responce, I know the builder who put the roof on 8 days ago and am confident the channels are clear, also I forgot to mention that 10 were cracked when he took them off the pallet.

One thing, there were scabs on the top face of the tiles, does this indicate a bad batch?

TIm

Sponsored Links
The builder took the ten cracked ones back to the Merchants and they swapped them.

When he drought them back to the job and compared them to the ones that were there we could see that the bit that overlaps was thinner on the first lot.

Is this a quality control problem would you think? Imagine having done a complete roof only to find the tiles where cracking left right and centre, who would pay for the labour for the re-doing of the roof?

The supplier said the Marley rep is on his holidays, I recon the supplier should get off his rear end and get on to Marley, but I am just a boiler herbert so what do I know.

Tim

It's not uncommon to get a few breakages in a pallet 10 is not really shocking. They should have sent a few extra for tiles damaged in transit.
If there seems to be a large amount of damage simply mark on the delivery note and claim the extra.

Variations in thickness and even colour could be caused by mixing tiles from different suppliers.. age of stock etc also they may not come from the same factory or even same part of uk

For example You might buy a direct load from Marley or who ever, but be a few short. You trot of to the nearest merchant and pick up a few only to see they stick out like a sore thumb as they have been in stock for months..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back