Marley tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi trying to put Marley Modern interlocking smooth tiles on a 15 degree pitch roof. The problem is the first course of tiles needs one batern (25 x 50 ) but then the next need two and the third row needs 3 batons. to keep the tiles level ( not kicking up) What am i doing wrong ?
thanks

Sponsored Links
You might need a different size batton on the first course under the front edge where it meets the facia board. If the first course is dipping low at the front edge, the back edge may be kicking up and causing the next courses to appear as though they are kicking up.

What am i doing wrong ?

Trying to tile.

rooftiles-yy.jpg

Sponsored Links
I'm not sure I like the look of those tiles Woods or that I've seen any with those curious interlocking top lugs. Batten gauging would be an absolute nightmare, especially on say an old roof with differing rafter lengths and where gaining or losing a bit would be essential.

It was just an image off the net to show how the laths are not stacked up two or three high as per the OP. Good job nobody noticed the "facial board" :rolleyes:

Noseall, you don't need battens with those tiles, you need pattens. Wooden overshoes to protect your shoes against effluent flowing in the street.

Patten spacing depends on whether you use left pattens, or right pattens on any particular row.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back