Marley Strap on boss

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I want to add a strap on boss to a 4" soil pipe to take a 50mm shower waste. I have a Marley strap on boss (with the bolt to hold it on) to go on Marley soil pipe and was wondering the correct way they should be fixed together?
The boss did not come with a rubber seal so I am thinking it is designed to be solvent welded.

Can anyone please confirm that this is correct.

Thanks.

pixey

Sponsored Links
No idea, but you would not believe some of the results you get if you type strap on boss into google :LOL: Wait for someone sensible to come along, I'll get me coat.

Eddie M said:
No idea, but you would not believe some of the results you get if you type strap on boss into google :LOL: Wait for someone sensible to come along, I'll get me coat.
:LOL: :LOL: You are thinking right about solvent....Eddie has been sniffing it ;)

Nige F said:
Eddie M said:
:LOL: :LOL: You are thinking right about solvent....Eddie has been sniffing it ;)

I think it's done the trick :LOL: Bit early though don't start on the solvent until the sun is well over the yard arm. Not good form you understand. As you were, troops.

Sponsored Links
Definitely and use lots of it (it has to dissolve the plastic to form the bond).

bathjobby said:
just use the correct amount, and in the correct way.
which is lots.
It's very clear that you're not a plumber, or any other kind of engineer.

You can use too much - the effect of this is that the dissolved plastic is too dilute, and doesn't 'weld' properly, resulting in a weak joint.

The correct amount is a coating, and no more, on both parts of the surfaces to be bonded.

bathjobby said:
The correct amount is a coating, and no more, on both parts of the surfaces to be bonded.
which is lots.

"lots" is a relative term, and therefore of no help to someone who's inexperienced. You may regard what I've described as lots - that's your prerogative - but pixey can't be expected to understand what you mean.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back