MAS Flight Number MH 370

Sponsored Links
Admittedly I know little about aircraft but it was a Boeing 777 ? Can you turn all the comms off? If so how would you land it?? Lot of things don't seem to add up here.

Good point. And it's not as if they can land a plane of that size on some obscure private airstrip.

In an emergency a good captain can even land it on water as one did in river Hudson.

Alternatively a desert region can be even better, landing cusioned by sand dunes

but what if some country might have shot it down as its communications were all turned off so it may not have responded to warnings and hence obliterated out of skies, and the country in concern is too embarrassed to admit to it being taken out.

Admittedly I know little about aircraft but it was a Boeing 777 ? Can you turn all the comms off? If so how would you land it?? Lot of things don't seem to add up here.

Good point. And it's not as if they can land a plane of that size on some obscure private airstrip.

In an emergency a good captain can even land it on water as one did in river Hudson.

Alternatively a desert region can be even better, landing cushioned by sand dunes

That's very true, but I'll bet they'd have one hell of a job getting it airborne again, assuming they want to do another 9/11.

JBR, another 9/11 cannot be accomplished from a soil other than from American soil, because by the time a plane from another country strikes any of the tallest buildings it won't have sufficient fuel left to cause any considerable damage to the building,

perhaphs you might be right, they may have attempted and US forces downed the plane and its debri may be lying somewhere on the east coast, who knows, Uncle sam isn't going to admit that it has shot a civilian plane out of skies especially if there were over 100 Chinese nationals in it.

Sponsored Links
Everything is pointing to one or both pilots, turning off transponders and engine and airframe monitoring equipment on those aircraft is not a case of throwing a simple switch, several on the flight deck have to be turned off and getting through that door is no piece of cake either, if anyone tried to break it down, the pilots have a "Skyjack and Mayday" scrambler button they can press.

assuming a secret military fuel tanker was able to aerial refuelling that plane, it must still be flying out there somewhere, but by now the bogs must be overflowing and shortage of drinking water, and the stench must be unbearable, and so all on board must have overcome thsi powerful stench and gone ton sleep leaving the plane to orbit the earth on its auto pilot! (Sorry I can't help thinking how everyone is looking out for it on the ground or ocaens whilst it is happily flying in our skies! ) :LOL:

JBR, another 9/11 cannot be accomplished from a soil other than from American soil, because by the time a plane from another country strikes any of the tallest buildings it won't have sufficient fuel left to cause any considerable damage to the building,

perhaphs you might be right, they may have attempted and US forces downed the plane and its debri may be lying somewhere on the east coast, who knows, Uncle sam isn't going to admit that it has shot a civilian plane out of skies especially if there were over 100 Chinese nationals in it.

That's an interesting thought. Of course, it wouldn't have had enough fuel to reach America without first having landed and refuelled.

assuming a secret military fuel tanker was able to aerial refuelling that plane, it must still be flying out there somewhere, but by now the bogs must be overflowing and shortage of drinking water, and the stench must be unbearable, and so all on board must have overcome thsi powerful stench and gone ton sleep leaving the plane to orbit the earth on its auto pilot! (Sorry I can't help thinking how everyone is looking out for it on the ground or ocaens whilst it is happily flying in our skies! ) :LOL:

Joking apart, airliners don't have air-refuelling receptacles.

Sadly, if a civilian plane does drift into restricted air space, and if the fighter planes cannot get to it in time or the pilot of the offending plane fails to response, then no matter who is on that plane, it will have to be blown out of skies to save thousands more lives on the ground, so people of all nationalities should understand why such dramatic action would be needed, because in any case those people on board are doomed any way.

And that is why I said there should be a remote controlled facility on all civilian planes so they can override pilot's manual control and be able to be controlled from ground and flown away to a safe landing area.

And making sure that such facilities cannot be switched off by anyone, so a fail safe facility with full monitoring if anyone tries to decativate it.

The BBC has ten theories on the missing planes of which no 6 sounds the most plausible.
In the Google+ discussion referenced the author points out that in case of electrical fire on board, the pilots would have shut down many of the systems (including comms, automated telemetry) to bring them back 1 at a time until the fault was isolated, they would have likely diverted to Langkawi airport because of the long runway and safe approach, and the climb to 43000 feet could have been to starve a fire of oxygen.
If the pilots and passengers were then overcome by smoke or lack of oxygen, the plane may have carried on under autopilot until it ran out of fuel and crashed in the Indian ocean somewhere.
It also tallies with an apparent eyewitness report of a burning plane.

There are theories of a hijack. I wonder why passenger planes are not built with no way at all from the cabin to the cockpit, the crew should enter through a separate entrance. There should be no way hijackers can enter the cockpit and no communication from the cabin to the cockpit.
I hope they were hijacked and are alive somewhere and will be rescued.

There are theories of a hijack. I wonder why passenger planes are not built with no way at all from the cabin to the cockpit, the crew should enter through a separate entrance. There should be no way hijackers can enter the cockpit and no communication from the cabin to the cockpit.

That's something I've wondered about before. They could have their own food supply and toilet. I suppose the reason it isn't in place is something to do with 'elf 'n safety'.

I agree this could solve one problem but then create another like seperate toiletsfor the crew, and their refereshements and so on, and in the unlikely event of pilots suffering from sudden illness, where inthe past passengers have been able to help land the plane.

The BBC has ten theories on the missing planes of which no 6 sounds the most plausible.
In the Google+ discussion referenced the author points out that in case of electrical fire on board, the pilots would have shut down many of the systems (including comms, automated telemetry) to bring them back 1 at a time until the fault was isolated, they would have likely diverted to Langkawi airport because of the long runway and safe approach, and the climb to 43000 feet could have been to starve a fire of oxygen.
If the pilots and passengers were then overcome by smoke or lack of oxygen, the plane may have carried on under autopilot until it ran out of fuel and crashed in the Indian ocean somewhere.
It also tallies with an apparent eyewitness report of a burning plane.

Of the ten I think 9 is the most plausible, the flight deck has its own supply of oxygen which will last far beyond that of the main cabin. This is also the theory expressed by my friends son-in-law who is a commercial long haul pilot.

Sponsored Links
Back