Masking tape on tiles..........

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
l'm putting sealant around the bath and would like to know if anyone can tell me the best tape to use as l want to make a neat sealant finish... l've tried masking tape on the tiles and bath and it will not stick very good and starts peeling away before l can put the sealant on.. Are there any tapes intended for this job, or any that will stick ..

Sponsored Links
l'm putting sealant around the bath and would like to know if anyone can tell me the best tape to use as l want to make a neat sealant finish... l've tried masking tape on the tiles and bath and it will not stick very good and starts peeling away before l can put the sealant on.. Are there any tapes intended for this job, or any that will stick ..

Are you sure the tiles and bath edge are clean and free from any kind of wax, grease, soap etc, if not no tape will stick, personally i would wipe tiles and bath edge down with nail varnish remover, any masking tape will do if its to be applied to clean surfaces

as above...

i just do it free hand and use my finger(better finish)...been doing it for a few years tho...

if its diy then look into the silicone kits...fugi etc..

Get some electrical insulation tape, it sticks better than masking tape. As mentioned, it is advisable to clean the area with a solvent that leaves no residue - meths or nail varnish remover. There's info half way down the tiling sticky.
Not been on here for around a year, just thought I'd have a butchers to see what's happening. Merry Christmas all.
gcol

Sponsored Links
It's a sign
bowdown.gif

Nail varnish remover is a bit harsh can take the shine off a bath finish.

Also having connections with the motor trade, I use auto finishing panel wipe; guaranteed it won’t react/damage anything & will leave as clean a surface as you can possibly get.

It's a sign
bowdown.gif
:LOL: Clown. It's a sign you've been at the flippin' Gin again! Good to hear from you guys.
Not back for permanence, just a flying visit for old times sake.:cool:
Brandy is my tipple TBH & I’d had a few by that time. :LOL:

A few have come & gone since you retired & there have been one or two handbag fights with the more stupid ones but I’m still here holding the fort & some of the good guys have remained. Good to see you put in an appearance once again. HNY to you & all ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back