sealant and masking tape

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When applying sealant,e.g. to bath or kitchen, I try to put masking tape above and below where I want to seal.
How long should I leave the masking tape on before removing? I find sometimes if I remove it too soon it leaves a thin lip of sealant which folds over itself looking untidy...

Sponsored Links
I do mine straight away then wet finger over it very carefully which get rid of the lip at the same time

Try this,
Fix your masking tape in place, and then apply the sealant.
Get yourself a spray bottle with a rich mixture of water & soap liquid, spay the sealant with the mixture, then with an appropriate sized finger trowel, smooth the sealant down, then remove the tape, spay the sealant again using the mixture, any edges can now be tidied up with the trowel very easily.
This should leave you with a perfect finish, I’ve used this method for 20 years for perfect results.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back