Masonry Adhesive???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning,
Hope this is in the right section??
Don't know if anyone would be able to help me, but I have a masonry barbecue in my garden. A large branch fell from an overhanging tree and has smashed a couple of the upper slabs clean in half. The barbecue was supplied with special "Betonfast" silicone adhesive which has worked well, and I was hoping to repair the slabs with some of this. But a search has only found it on Amazon and they want about £50.00 for a tube!!
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sunday-silicone-Betonfast/dp/B00DYQM61I
I'm not prepared to pay £50.00 for a tube of glue.....
Can anybody suggest an alternative that might work please?
I have attached a picture of the barbecue below (not mine!) and the two parts that are broken are the two top cross members, not load bearing but obviously subject to some heat.
Hope this makes sense, and just wondered if anybody had any suggestions??
Many thanks
Rob
barbecue.jpg

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Not sure about the heat, but it is the strongest adhesive I have ever used. I used it on 2 bricks and no one could pull it apart.

At the end of the day give it a punt.

Andy

Sponsored Links
Not sure about the heat, but it is the strongest adhesive I have ever used. I used it on 2 bricks and no one could pull it apart.

At the end of the day give it a punt.

Andy

Thanks Andy.
Will do.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back