masons mitre adhesives

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i'm fully aware of most of the adhesives/sealants available for joining laminate worktops, high modulus silicone, colorfill, pva, etc, however i am interested in any well informed opinions concerning bushboard complete and polyurethane sealant (as sold by toolstation). i've been told by someone in the industry that polyurethane is the dogs b******s. is this true and how good is bushboard complete. i'm a joiner with 32 years of experience if this helps. thanks.

Sponsored Links
thanks gregers. i'm glad you said this as i've already ordered some. at £20 a 290ml tube its a lot dearer than silicone but a hell of a lot cheaper than colorfil, which i find go's off far too fast to allow for any adjustment. i just hope this isn't the case with bb complete. also i would still be interested in anyones opinions on the polyurethane. thanks.

The bushboard complete is great stuff, but as said vastly over priced, plenty working time to get the joint spot on and gives a great bond, it says to use white spirit to clean off the excess, personally i use wonder wipes and have had no problems to date with them.

Sponsored Links
yeah i too use spirit,but one thing i have found is once squeezed out dont let it dry thing its easy to wipe away,it bloody well aint.
always work it when its wet.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back