master blaster in shed

:ROFLMAO:sticking your fingers in the impeller, I will bear that in mind thanks, and your assumption is correct I heard them go off through youtube video's,but never experienced one going off right next to me in person. I will buy myself some good quality ear defenders just in case. I wasn't trying to get at anything earlier on so sorry if it appeared that way. thank you all and merry christmas:). cheers

Sponsored Links
Hi guys sorry it is me again,couple of things I forgot to ask. first of all the panel, masterblaster and door contact have been ordered so that's all good. just a few things though, what other type of sensor would you recommend inside the shed?. I did think of dual tec motion detector but spiders or other critter's could trigger it, so shyed away from them. The door really is the only way the could break in cleanly, the back and sides of the shed are blocked by the house wall and garden wall, I guess other option of breaking in is ripping wood off at each side of the door or perhaps the roof:LOL:. And the other thing should I bother with a strobe light outside the shed?. thanks

its fixed to the base so no chance. its possible they could break the wood and its possible they could get in, but they would need to be pretty thin.

Sponsored Links
Shed = DualTec, that's what we use them for. Shed, garage, w/hse, barn etc

Last edited:
Shed = DualTec, that's what we use them for. Shed, garage, w/hse, barn etc

Tell Bernard that you will have the SmokeCloak if he pays for it & the on going maintenance contract

Edit thanks to Sparky, Happy Xmas & New Year

Last edited:
smoke cloak is probably a bit too over the top and no doubt expensive, masterblaster is bad enough, too late europlex I'm afraid already ordered a scantronic 9448 unless you were joking:LOL:, but on a serious note what should I get? shock sensor perhaps? and should I bother with a strobe light above the door?. thanks

Viper GL vibration sensor(s). Make sure you adjust them so that the wind rattling the door won't set them off. You could also consider running a cable through the handles of your lawnmower, leaf blower, chain saw, etc.. Use coax and good quality connectors.

A strobe will make it visible to you and your neighbours and it should continue to flash after the MB has stopped or been vandelised! :(

thanks, how many do I need?, will one next the door monitor the whole shed structure?. answer this last question and that will be me out your hairs. have a happy new year by the way. cheers

One on each wall should be fine (assuming it's a normal shed and not a barn!). You could use the Viper GLX with the built-in door contact on the front wall (if the door fits fairly well).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back