9448 internal speaker timed or continous

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI, I don't know if you remember me but a few months ago I fitted an alarm system to my shed with a masterblaster. All is well and the masterblaster is very effective believe me. However the bell delay or first ply timer 30 second delay is too long. The shock sensors are no problem they trigger the mb straight away, however if someone was to get the door open the internal speaker would sound after 10 seconds which is not long but the masterblaster would sound after the first ply 30 second timer is up, this is too long and someone will have destroyed it by time rendering it useless.

So is there a way I can over ride the first ply timer and make the masterblaster sound as soon as the 10 second entry timer is up?. I have little need to use the internal speaker so I was thinking of using the speaker output to trigger the masterblaster, but I need to know if this speaker output follows the bell time or if its conitinous?. If this can't be done is there another output I can use or connect a relay or something? cheers

Sponsored Links
does the internal speaker output follow the bell in alarm or does it keep going until the alarm is unset?. Why do you need to be difficult?

Sponsored Links
As you have found out the 9448 has a 30 Sec extra delay in entry ( pre alarm ) it can't be changed , there's nothing you can do about it , live with it or change the panel !

Fair enough but you have not answered my question about the internal speaker alarm time, whether its constant or follows the bell?.

what a waste of time asking on here, I will find a site where people are actually willing to help and not give unhelpful short answers. Goodbye

Well I was going to answer this but won't bother now.....

Spat dummy out ... Ps it's timed !.... Ps you can't trip a master blaster from a speaker output ...

Would be funny to see him try to trigger master blaster from speaker output!

Don't connect the MB to the speaker output it will not work properly and it would probably trigger everytime you press a button. Connect it to the bell output as you are meant to. The shock sensors will trigger it if someone forces the lock.

BTW you should maybe consider fitting a second keypad inside the house or a switch just in case the masterblaster ever wen't off accidentally especially during the night for what ever reason. you don't want to be anywhere near when it goes off.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back