Wiring internal speaker to Texecom Premier Elite 24

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

It's been a long while since I've been on here - 2nd time round on an alarm installation and a few things have changed (e.g. EOL). Almost done, just the bell and an internal speaker to wire in before the big switch on (and subsequent fault finding no doubt)...

I 'inherited' the internal speaker from the system that I've just stripped out (everything else went to the tip). It's 16ohm, and I was intending to use it as an internal sounder on alarm.

I've read a number of threads on here, and got myself clear, confused, clear and confused again...

The speaker isn't anything fancy - just +ve and -ve terminals (no tamper). In order for the speaker/sounder to sound when the alarm is triggered, am I wiring -ve to SPK- on the PCB, and +ve to +12v on the bell strip? Just want to reassure myself that I won't overload anything.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Sponsored Links
Is it just a speaker or has it got a pcb fitted in the box ? If it's a speaker wire to speaker terminals if not cut out the pcb and wire to the speaker terminals ...

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, just a speaker. Nothing else (although I'm now wondering if I should have invested in something a little newer).

The reason I'm confused is because there's only one terminal for speaker on the control panel (SPK-). Even the Texecom instructions which came with the kit shows you wiring a speaker to 2 speaker terminals (+ and -), which I'm sure I did the last time I fitted an alarm (over 10 years ago). And hence the question about where I put the +ive lead from/to the speaker - there's a few alternatives and no obviosuly labelled terminal...

The aux + at the side of the speaker spk -

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    273.1 KB · Views: 1,642
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back