1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Master Socket NTE5 Extension

Discussion in 'Alarms, CCTV & Telephones' started by Crs19, 7 Dec 2020.

1. Crs19

Crs19

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Looking for some advice I have had a new Master Socket NTE5 NTE5C MK2 installed by open reach problem is when they installed it they disconnected my phone extension for my landline phone.

I need to connect an extension to the master socket for a land line.

After looking it up it looks easy so connect phone cable to the push down clips 2 and 5 and then the same on the extension faceplate 2 and 5, 3 being the bell wire not needed?

problem I have is when i do this I get no dial tone/connection when connecting like this however after playing around if I connect to 2 and 3 on the extension faceplate I get a dial tone???? until I connect a filter then is stops working

how have I messaged this what’s looks to be easy job up?

checked the connections twice and changed the cable over?

any help would be amazing
    Chris

Attached Files:

2. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

3. Sponsored Links