Material on Firewall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone tell me what material this is that is very commonplace in my area for putting on top of firewalls? I assume some sort of roofing felt, but obviously can't be sure.

IMG_1728 Large.jpeg

If anyone can give me pro's and con's of this compared to say acrypol, I'd be grateful!

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Yes felt, felt, if applied properly can give a long life. Acropol is used to stop leaks in roof coatings that have failed and ought to be replaced. Not the same thing at all.

Thanks - I live down on the south coast - seems like Acropol is the standard for covering firewalls - assume it's a no no then?

Its good stuff and can last for years and is commonly used but think of it as a repair not a fix.

Sponsored Links
And if that's bitumen roof felt or similar flammable material, that's no longer a fire break wall, and the home insurance policy will be affected.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back