Materials used in half rendered external wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi people I was wondering if anyone could help me with regards to a project I have to complete for my university course.

What I need to know regards details of rendering on the outer face of brickwork.

The following details I am unsure about are as follows:

The new build house in the project has an outer leaf wall which is half rendered(top floor) and half facing brickwork(bottom floor), would the materials used beneath the render therefore be either common bricks or blockwork? Is it possible to have a half brickwork wall with the top half being rendered block work?

If this is possible or even if it isnt what details are required between the courses of brick which split the rendered half of the wall from the facing unrendered bricks?

Looking at a friends house there seems to be some sort of horizontal metal cill/strip between the sections but I just cannot find details of this anywhere

Any help would be most grateful

Sponsored Links
most likely the top section would be blocks and at the bottom of the render would be a metal bell drip,this is to deflect the water away from the brickwork a little.

Hi people I was wondering if anyone could help me with regards to a project I have to complete for my university course.

What I need to know regards details of rendering on the outer face of brickwork.

The following details I am unsure about are as follows:

The new build house in the project has an outer leaf wall which is half rendered(top floor) and half facing brickwork(bottom floor), would the materials used beneath the render therefore be either common bricks or blockwork? Is it possible to have a half brickwork wall with the top half being rendered block work?

If this is possible or even if it isnt what details are required between the courses of brick which split the rendered half of the wall from the facing unrendered bricks?

Looking at a friends house there seems to be some sort of horizontal metal cill/strip between the sections but I just cannot find details of this anywhere

Any help would be most grateful
ill have a stab at this for you (1) the bottom beneath the render should be bricks (2) it is possible to have half brickwork with the top half rendered blockwork (3) the metal between the sections may be a stop bead unless its running directly above the windows in which case it is most probably a bellcast bead put in place to take the water away from the windows and will have a curved lip on it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back