Mates rates

Sponsored Links
My good deed!
I woke to knocking on the door one night in the early hours, I went down to find my neighbour on the doorstep in the rain and wind shouting something about water going into his house and help to channel it away etc, so naturally I said I'd help and rushed back up stairs to get dressed,don my wet gear,find a shovel, by which time he'd come back and was hollering for me to hurry up!, I arrived on the scene still half asleep, the rain was lashing down and there was a gale of wind, I started to help digging a channel in the road to divert the stream of water rushing down the road, as I started to come too, It dawned on me that I was the only other person there and that my neighbour was talking to me aggressively, and then I realized he was blaming me for the rain coming off my roof , running into and down the road and then into his house , I stopped and looked at him, and looked around and looked back at him swore a whole heap of double dutch and then calmly walked home and back to my nice warm bed.

Wont you be awfully tired??

I was when I got home.

My mate who I helped out is coming up during the christmas break to carry out a job that I have been putting off for ages. Turning one big bedroom into two. A friend quoted 900 notes to do the job (with all knocking through etc) and he wants a fried brekkie every morning.

My mate in Wales IS A VERY GOOD FRIEND and will do the work for free. I would call him a good.... in fact a very good friend. Surely that what friends do for each other? He does the electrics, and I plumb the new rad.

What is a few hours on a motorway to help a mate, knowing he would do the same for me :?:

PS Steve..... when I was your age Id spend 2-3 days awake. That Co-op aint working you half enough. Its called 'old school'

Dave

Its good to help mates out because the returns you get can be quite surprising. I built a pergala and laid a path for a mate once and when I complained that the guy next door didn't even give me a beer for cutting down a tree for him, up turned a pack of supermarket lager and some sun dried tomatoes. Later on for the same mate after repairing brick work a melon and 4 peaches appeared. They arrived hand deliverd to my door. It's not all one way though with mates because when another friend wanted to lay a patio for me if I paid for all the slabs. I also bought one of those tools for carrying them with because she complained of back ache. I'm really proud of her. So doing things for mates can make you feel really appreciated which is something you can pass on.

Sponsored Links
Back