Mates rates

S

Soggy_weetabix

Just a general question as to how much you will of will not help a mate/s in trouble.

I live in South Beds and have a friend in Cardiff who's boiler is not working. Being a CORGI man, and seeing as Welsh gas men appear to be charging over twice what I would charge for doing the work required (a new gas valve), Im off to 'tidy' Cardiff in an hour or so.

I dont mind a few hours on the motorway and Ill be home by 6 in the morning so Im not losing out on tomorrows work.

Just wondered what you thought really.

Dave

Sponsored Links
I always help a friend in trouble if i can, and for reward i sometimes say..'Oh surprise me'; and often wish i hadnt bothered.

Sponsored Links
Nice touch there Soggy. That's what friends are for..... Keep smiling.

Roughcaster.

why not get someone else local in or just send your mate a cheque towards the cost for the diesel money you'll use

You don't mention that you are being paid, but surely your mate won't expect you to do it for free?

Even if it's a really good friend then the very least you should expect is your fuel costs and a 'drink'

Unless you already owe them a favour or they have some skill they might be able to repay you back with in the future?

There is a real difference between a true 'friend' and a 'mate' It's situations like this that you find out which one they are.

I got planning permission for an extension for a mate a couple of years ago - didn't charge him because i know if i ever need him to help me out he will. As it happened he pulled up about 15sq.m of block pavers to build his extension and didn't want them, so i've got a nice new path in the back garden for nothing!

If you can't halp a mate out then there's something wrong - or they aren't a real mate.

Can in-laws count as mates? Over the past few years my mother-in-law has thought nothing of offering to baby sit for us, even if it's just to let us go to a parents meeting at the school. Time and time again, once twice in 10 days, she has helped us out. Just what M in L's are for you might say, but she lives 85 miles away and doesn't drive!

Sponsored Links
Back