Matsui MWM145W - door seal problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everybody,

I was wondering if I could get some help with a problem that is bugging me. Last week I noticed that the washing machine (a Matsui MWM145W) was leaking through the door. The issue was a door seal as part of the lip had a rip.

I ordered a part online which arrived later. Everything seemed to be an easy fix and the part seemed fine as it look the same and was the same size as the previous one.

The previous door seal has now been removed however I am having quite some trouble fitting the new one in. I have removed the door and the front panel of the washing machine to make matters easier.

However, I can't seem to be able to fit the seal on the lip that goes towards the drum. (I am trying to explain this the best I can). I do manage to fit it around three quarters of the lip however I can't get the last bit to go on and eventually the rest starts coming back out and then it's back to square zero...

I know sometimes door seals require patience and I did try for a couple of hours. I got my grandfather and brother in law to try...they could not get it either so this door seal seems to be putting a fight.

To be fair, I am no washing machine or plumbing expert so I haven't done this kind of stuff before...and I don't know if i'm doing anything wrong.

Any help in regards to this one would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
I have tried lubricating the seal lip however it doesn't seem to make it any better. The same thing keeps happening again, once I am round near the full circle it seems as if the door seal is too big for the lip and then the whole thing comes out.

I have tried (to see if it makes a difference) to put the old one in - try and see if fits but I am even struggling with the old one...

Have you tried putting the seal in the sink with hot water to make it more flexible.

Sponsored Links
I have just tried that now but talking about flexibility...the seal seems to still be pretty rough.

I have included a picture below to see what's going on. As you can see some of it is fitted but the rest doesn't seem to go in. Unless I'm doing the whole thing completely wrong.

washingmachineo.jpg

As long as you have the right seal it should go. You may find it easier to fit by removing the front balance weight?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back