Matt Hancock - how hard is it to say sorry and that mistakes were made?

It's often been noticed that Mottie has an aversion to foreigners.
I'm sure that's not true. The only foreigners I know you to single out for finger pointing is Romanians, Arabs and Germans. I agree, it would be wrong to suggest you just singled out blacks.
And along come the final two S club members with yet more deflection. I note that @ellal and @Notch7 seem to have furloughed themselves from this thread. No surprises there.

Sponsored Links
Mottie isn't usually reticent to display his prejudices.

I wonder why he's whinging today.

Sponsored Links
remove deaths from non-working age group, and you're left with 1.5M heathcare workers is about 2.5-3%. Should probable limit that further. But the point is made.
There's a hell of a lot of assumptions in there. For a start the NHS is 77% female. When you add in that Men are twice as likely to die from Covid-19 then that drops it by 1/6th all on its own. Factor in other risk factors like smoking (less than 6%) compared to the national population of around 14% and you drop it further.

In short, interesting theory but it'd need a lot more work for it to hold up.

There's a hell of a lot of assumptions in there. For a start the NHS is 77% female. When you add in that Men are twice as likely to die from Covid-19 then that drops it by 1/6th all on its own. Factor in other risk factors like smoking (less than 6%) compared to the national population of around 14% and you drop it further.

In short, interesting theory but it'd need a lot more work for it to hold up.

When / if this is eventually all over, and the numbers are scrunched, I expect that we'll be no nearer to the answer.
Especially when you have things like the French preliminary study citing smoking as a possible preventative against Covid-19:eek:

Sponsored Links
Back