Max Z's for 32A Type C MCB

Yes sorry, i did mean Zs as Ze would refer to the impedence external to the installation is that correct?

Sponsored Links
Yes, that is correct.

I only skim read the thread and saw a Ze of 0.88ohms.

The max permitted values are:

TN-C-S : 0.35ohms
TN-S : 0.80 ohms
TT : 100 ohms

Yes, that is correct.

I only skim read the thread and saw a Ze of 0.88ohms.

The max permitted values are:

TN-C-S : 0.35ohms
TN-S : 0.80 ohms
TT : 100 ohms

Cheers!, i better stop replying to this thread before I further embarrass myself.

Not at all.

It is better to ask. If you do not know the answer, then chances are, someone else doesn't either.

If you ask, you get to know the correct answer rather than having to guess or assume, even if you look a bit silly in the process :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Not at all.

It is better to ask. If you do not know the answer, then chances are, someone else doesn't either.

If you ask, you get to know the correct answer rather than having to guess or assume, even if you look a bit silly in the process :LOL:

I guess your right, I also feel a bit better for now knowing I was right after being immediately dismissed by two "fully qualified" electricians who didn't even bother to look what type the MCB was and assumed that I was somehow using a multimeter to test the earth fault loop impedance. I only suggested that they tested the circuit because it seemed high.

Matt

The actual reason I needed the figure was because this morning I had to install a digital signage TV.

The supply that I was instructed to connect to was what I can only describe as a dodgy looking spur.

Was it a FCU (Fused Connection Unit) or a socket which had been spurred off the ring final?
If it was a spur did you connect the TV into the circuit and are you asked to complete a Minor Works Certificate?

The actual reason I needed the figure was because this morning I had to install a digital signage TV.

The supply that I was instructed to connect to was what I can only describe as a dodgy looking spur.

Was it a FCU (Fused Connection Unit) or a socket which had been spurred off the ring final?
If it was a spur did you connect the TV into the circuit and are you asked to complete a Minor Works Certificate?

Socket spurred from ring final.

I did not put the spur in, that was someone else's work.

All I had to do was mount the TV, Mount the VGA / Audio balun and pull the CAT5 through to the main digital signage box.

The Megger only ever came into play because I had it given (calibrated) and I like to make sure that anything I touched last is as safe as it can be.

Hence the reason that the TV is mounted and ready to go but not plugged in!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back