Maximising Useable Height in Block & Brick Garden Room

When i built mine, I used a kind of home made SIPS system that i made and pre treated befor assembly. Then all i needed to do was mastic the joints and screw edge batten over them, as the panels were secured from inside. It was a tight squeeze but worked. The problem you have however is size. anything over 15m2 has to conform to the non-combustible rule.

Thanks. The size definitely brings in some challenges.

Sponsored Links
I've heard this, but wasn't sure if this was an official written or unwritten rule, or simply down to the individual building control officer being prgamatic. Any ideas? I'd hate to commit to a design building this advantage in only to find they say no.
It's an official rule. If you're concerned, you can have the arguments all up front by applying for a lawful development certificate. After that they can't complain.

It's an official rule. If you're concerned, you can have the arguments all up front by applying for a lawful development certificate. After that they can't complain.

I didn't know that this existed, very interesting! I will have to do some digging (figuratively and literally).

Sponsored Links
Or just apply for planning and then no need to worry about anything.

Such a large building at under 2.5m will have a awkwardly low ceiling if nothing else. Remember for proportion the ceiling height should increase with room size.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back