Maximum zs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi eveyone just wondered if anyone knows of a site where i can get max zs for test sheets i have amtech software for my laptop but some max zs are not on there. Thanks for any info

Sponsored Links
What for, MCBs/Fuses?
The max figures are in BS7671, if you are going to spend any money you may as well get the 2008 version. The max Zs for MCBs is given by the supply voltage divided by the max current required to operate the magnetic part of the MCB, i.e. for B type x5, C type x10, D type x20.
As an example, for a 6A MCB @ normal mains voltage is 230 / (6x5) = 7.66 ohms. This is the maximum tabulated value, not corrected for temp.

Sponsored Links
Amtech has all the max figures for normal BS devices, corrected and uncorrected. It auto checks for you.

It does not have the data for devices such as manufacturers MCCB's, ACB's etc. You need to use manufacturer data for these, and this is nearly always just a few clicks away once you find the manufacturers website.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back