May have overpaid?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a fence that was put up 4 years ago. I wanted more privacy from my next door neighbour as she is very nosey.

I paid to have the boards removed and new featherboards put up on the existing posts and rails, also to have kickboards installed. The length was 9 metres and it cost me 310. Does this seem a bit steep?

Also, ive got pressure treated timber, am i supposed to leave it to weather for a few months before i paint it? Whats the worst that can happen if i do?

Sponsored Links
It depends on how many guys were there, and how long they were there for, James.....although its a bit late to worry about it now!
Also consider materials and transport costs of course......up here, a joiner is around £180 per day.
You can treat the new timber as soon as you like.
John :)

I know its too late lol, was just wondering if i overpaid

There was 2 guys, took 3 hours

Sponsored Links
It sounds OK to me - the guys will have had to travel which has to be paid for, plus the vehicle running costs, public liability etc etc the list goes on.
I hope it was a neat and tidy job, and you are happy with it!

If you mean £310, it was very cheap.

Presumably somebody came round beforehand, to measure up and quote, and they spent more time fetching materials and disposing of waste, so more time and effort that the business has to pay for.

Last edited:
It sounds OK to me - the guys will have had to travel which has to be paid for, plus the vehicle running costs, public liability etc etc the list goes on.
I hope it was a neat and tidy job, and you are happy with it!
Im happy with the result yes, although watching them do it made me think how easy it could have been for me to do it lol, looked like an easy job

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back